LAKE DISTRICT HOUSING ASSOCIATION LTD
Registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965
Registered Office: Calgarth Park, Troutbeck Bridge, Windermere, LA23 1LF
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- The Lake District Housing Association (LDHA)shall maintain and process personal data in a manner which fulfils the requirements and spirit of the GDPR.
- The Management Committee and staff of LDHA shall abide by the requirements of the GDPR at all times and, in particular, the need for confidentiality, transparency and maintenance of records.
- Before adding or changing personal data, LDHA shall obtain written consent from the person to whom the data relates and maintain a record of that consent.
- LDHA management will:
- Have a policy and appropriate procedures
- Identify all current personal data held about residents, staff and Management Committee members.
- Produce and maintain a consent form for personal data to be stored.
- Produce a form of words of agreement for each person to sign.
- Maintain a register of all customer enquiry data.
- Include the policy statement on the LDHA’s website.
- Ensure that any person affected shall have access to their personal data that is stored and shall have the right to request the correction, restriction or deletion of that data as appropriate. Deletion shall be effected by removal from LDHA’s electronic system and destruction of any hard copy by shredding – a record of such action shall be kept.
- Ensure that data is deleted when it is no longer necessary to keep it.
Any person affected shall have the right to complain to the Management Committee of LDHA and to the Data Protection Regulator (Information Commissioner’s office).